The Hive rules are based around common sense and fairness. This page documents the most common rules.
This page is not intended to be a full and final list of every existing rule and possible case. The staff team reserves the right to judge each case individually and punish or forgive at their discretion.
Breaking Hive Rules may lead to punishments on The Hive Featured Server. Extreme cases, especially those related to chat, may be forwarded to Mojang and/or Xbox Live Player Safety.
The use of any client modification that gives any benefit to you that a vanilla client does not have is against the rules.
Usage of chat:
Keep the chat PG-13 at all times. Be nice, be civil. This means:
- No swearing
- No racism, xenophobia, homophobia, or anything like it
- No spamming
- No arguing
- No unnecessary use of uppercase
- No trolling or any form of intentionally misleading other users
- No advertising (that includes other (featured) servers)
It is FORBIDDEN to share personal information about yourself, or ask others to do so. Never reveal your age, location and other sensitive information, ESPECIALLY when someone explicitly asks you.
Clarifications on what IS allowed:
- Roleplay that is appropriate
- Talking in any language
Attempting to cheat the automated chat filter, especially in ways that are spam, will lead to a manual mute. Learn more about chat mutes and suspensions HERE.
Play fairly. So don't:
- Abuse glitches in the game or in the client
- Team with other players that aren't in your team
- Intentionally obstruct or sabotage your own team
- Help people that are still alive, after you've been eliminated
- Knowingly team or party with a player using forbidden client modifications
- Intentionally AFK in order to gain points
- Intentionally target specific players, over multiple games
It is not against the rules to be bad at the game.
Additionally, the following rule(s) apply specifically to Treasure Wars:
- Don't skybase
- Don't spawnkill
- Don't intentionally hold up the game for no reason
- Alex and Steve skins (with or without custom textures)
- Regular Marketplace skins
- Most 'special' Marketplace skins
- Most Character Creator skins.
The following applies to Special Marketplace and Character Creator skins: these skins are run through our 'gameplay fairness' validator, and any skin considered too big, too small, or too transparent will be blocked and replaced with 'Hive Steve'.
Any attempts to use so-called "custom 4D Skins", which are skins with custom geometry, will be blocked, and your skin will be replaced with 'Hive Steve'. You can learn more about this policy HERE.